Code-Free scripting is as easy as record and play. Automai's engine analyzes a desktop and acts on any specific images or changes.
ScenarioBuilder must be installed on a Windows server or PC. If your robots are executing scripts from a remote environment, you should use Sessions Controller to access and build scenarios in that environment.
If building a scenario from your PC for a eval reasons to to determine compatibility with your application, keep the scenario short. Do not create multiple scripts or very complicated ones from your PC at this stage because when you are ready to run them on servers or PCs for testing or monitoring, you may need to adjust your scenario (retake images) to be compatible with the server environment, as images may be rendered differently there than on your PC.
After you are satisfied with how the ScenarioBuilder works with your application, you can then create your longer, complicated scripts on the server or PC where the robots will be executing the scripts. This would be done using Sessions Controller.
Before you start recording and building a script, go through the process on your application manually and understand what steps you will need the robots to do. (Example: log into an application, look up a record, and log out).
Build your Scenario using Scenario Recorder:
- Launch ScenarioBuilder.
- Enter a name for your project.
- Create your scenario by clicking on the top left.
- This New Scenario form will appear.
- Choose "Open Web App" if your scenario starts by going to a web page. Enter the URL of the web page you need to start with.
- Choose "Start Application" if your scenario starts by opening an app on your computer.
- Choose "Start Recording" if starting with another action (double clicking on an icon on your desktop)
Now begin going through the process on your application. ScenarioBuilder will be listing the steps in a script as you go.
When you are done, click onbutton, ScenarioBuilder will go back to the main window. You will see the recorded steps as individual actions.
Check your Scenario:
Once the scenario is built, run it by clicking on(in top menu). Afterward, the Execution Report will appear.
If status is "success", run multiple times to make sure that the scenario finishes correctly and everything is ready for the start of the next iteration.
If the status is "fail", then:
- Click . This will open up the steps up to the failure point.
- Figure out why there is a failure. It might be because a step before did not yield the results needed to get to the screen that failed, or it may be that it took the image before the page was fully loaded, and then moved.
- If you determine it is because the image was not captured correctly, click on the little icon on the right Smart image Configurator.
This opens the Configurator with the image on the right and options on the left.
On the left, there will be one or more versions of your image shown that were captured by Scenario Recorder.
- Correct the image if you see any of the following:
- Different color (can occur when icon or button changes color when mouse over)
- Unnecessary lines (happens when mouse over a link, then an underline occurs)
- The background color is different
Correct this by right-clicking on one of the images and click "Edit Image"
Select just the part you need (without background or extra lines) and click Crop Selection. (you can zoom in for better accuracy)
When you indicate an image in ScenarioBuilder, it must be unique. It doesn't matter what size it is, but it must have a unique combination of pixels. This is so that your robots don't click on other portions of the screen with the same combination of pixels. (eg. Don't crop down to a small blue square if another part of the screen contains blue)
- If you need a new image completely, (eg. color is different), click on the top left iconto capture an image from the screenshot
You only need one correct image. You can delete the others if desired.
- Test by clicking on Start Searching .
If it is successful you will see green boxes around screenshots at the bottom.
- Click on Apply Changes . Smart Image configurator will close.
- Close execution Timeline and Execution report windows
- Play your scenario again. If it fails on another step, repeat items 1-7 above.
- Set the reference time and save your scenario
Your script is always easy to edit. Just go back in to update any actions or images, or add transactions.
Play and Validate your Scenario:
Once the scenario is built, run multiple iterations to make sure that the scenario was finished correctly and everything is ready for the start of the next iteration.
If the scenario runs to the end without any errors and runs multiple times without errors, it is valid to use. If the scenario aborts on an error, debug the scenario with viewing the failure screenshot and run it through a simple test again.