HTTPS is supported as of Automai RPA version 188.8.131.52 and up, and ScenarioBuilder version 184.108.40.206 and up.
- Get your private.key and certificate.crt files either through OpenSSL or other trusted websites.
To create the two files using the included OpenSSL file:
- Open command line
- cd "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/bin"
- Run these commands one after another:
openssl genrsa -aes256 -out private.key 2048
openssl rsa -in private.key -out private.key
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -key private.key -out certificate.crt -days 36500 -config "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/openssl.cnf"
- Copy the private.key and certificate.crt files from "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/bin" folder into "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/ssl" folder (create ssl folder if it is missing)
- Download and copy the attached file httpd-ssl.conf file into "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/extra" folder (create the "extra" folder if it is missing)
- Edit the file httpd-ssl.conf and make sure that the file has the correct values in it:
- Edit "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/httpd.conf" file
- Add # before Listen 8888 to comment out the line (you might have set a different port).
- Find the following line #LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so:
Make sure to uncomment it by removing # sign: LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
Add this line before it: Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf
- Restart all Automai services from Windows Task Manager
- In order for Robots (rWorkers) to communicate securely, do the following:
- Go to "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/rWorker/rWorker.ini"
- Edit the rWorker.ini file and add the secure=yes option or uncomment if it already exists.
- Optional: Change all http ports (8888 by default) to https 443
- In ScenarioBuilder, you should change the following options from View->Options -> Base:
- Make sure to add "https://" before the Manager address
- Make sure that the port number is 443 for the Manager