The Automai RPA suite consists of three modules – The Manager, rWorker, and ScenarioBuilder. Together, they comprise Automai’s Robotic Process Automation solution.
Install the Automai RPA components in the following manner:
1. The Manager – Install on a Windows PC or Windows Server. A web based application from which Process flows are built, managed and executed. It also generates summarized and detailed run results and reports.
2. Robot Worker (rWorker) – Install on a Windows PC or Windows Server. The robot that executes the Process flows defined in the Manager.
Note: Make sure that the Manager is already installed before installing the rWorker.
3. ScenarioBuilder – Install on a Windows PC or Windows Server. The tool for recording and maintaining automation scripts.
*Automai RPA components can be installed on either physical or virtual machines.
Install Automai RPA Suite
Start by downloading the Automai RPA installation package from the Downloads page on the Automai website. And save the RPA, rWorker, and ScenarioBuilder setup files to your Windows PC or Windows Server.
Specific software needs to be installed before you can install Automai RPA. When you run the installation wizards (“RPASetup.exe”, “rWorkerSetup.exe”, “SBSetup.exe”), if the prerequisite software is not already installed on your computer, the wizard detects which software is missing. If you continue with the installation, all missing prerequisites will be installed.
Install the Manager
1. Run the RPASetup.exe file.
2. Click “Next” to advance to the “End User License Agreement” (EULA).
Review the terms of the EULA and click “I accept the agreement” and click “Next” to continue.
3. Click “Install” to accept the default settings and initiate the installation process.
Use "Customize Installation" option if you want to modify the destination folder and Web Server port configuration for the Manager installation.
4. Click “Finish” to complete the Manager installation.
The rWorker installer is split into two main modules, each being dedicated to a particular task in Robotic Process Automation. The rWorker modules are:
- Robot Worker (rWorker): The robot that executes the process flows configured in the Manager.
- Sessions Controller: Automai Sessions Controller is a service for robots (ScenarioStation, rTester, rWorker) to maintain sessions active in order for the scenario images to be buffered and to prevent any connection errors during scenario playback. It can start automatically and run in background while executing processes (scenarios/scripts) without human supervision. For more information, see this article.
1. Run the rWorkerSetup.exe file.
Click “Next” to advance to the “End User License Agreement” (EULA).
Review the terms of the EULA, select “I accept the agreement” and click “Next” to continue.
3. Enter the hostname of the machine where the RPA is located.
Enter the “Port Number” address – use the same port that was assigned for “Web Server Port” in the Manager installation. (Choose the default one: “Port Number: 8888” ).
Next, enter a correct user credential (username [domain if needed] and password used to login to the Windows machine where Sessions Controller and robot are being installed), so the Automai Sessions Controller service can start and run. Please refer to this article to learn more about Sessions Controller.
Click “Install” to accept the default settings and initiate the installation process.
4. Click “Finish” to complete the rWorker and Sessions Controller installation.
1. The installation can also be customized, to better suit your needs. Choose "Customize Installation" option if you would like to use non-default settings.
Select the modules that you want to install on this page and click "Next".
Please note that, by default, Sessions Controller and robots are installed at the following location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Automai\..." folder. You can change it by using "Customize Installation" option.
2. Use the "Add new robot worker" option and follow the instructions to add a new robot worker for a user dedicated to it. This only applies if you install rWorker in a Windows Server.
You can install as many robot worker within different user accounts in the server.
Note: By default, Sessions Controller creates a user session using default RDP settings with Automai Sessions Controller service running for each user once rWorker is installed. You may change the settings by launching the Sessions Controller app and going to "Manage sessions" section. To learn more, see this article.
Note: Once rWorker is installed, it will start automatically. But if it does not start, you can start it from the rWorker’s folder in program menu or by using the desktop shortcuts.