Please read the guidelines below and follow the instructions to backup and restore the AppVerify data.
1. Log in to the machine where AppVerify is installed and you want to back up the data
2. Launch the Task Manager and open the Services tab
3. Look for the three Automai services for AppVerify (Automai Scheduler, Automai Database [AppVerify DB], Automai Webserver [AppVerify Webserver]), right click on each of them and click ‘Stop’.
4. After stopping all 3 services, go to the “…\Automai\AppVerify or Manager” folder and save the “data” and "media" folders
5. Put all folders to a zip file and save the zip file to your Windows PC or Windows Server. Extract the contents of the file to a new folder. You will find a separate folder for each of these folders; data and media
6. Go to “…\Automai\AppVerify or Manager\license” folder and backup the AppVerify license if there is one.
7. Go to “…\Automai\rTester\license” folder and backup the rTester license.
8. Launch Control Panel and uninstall AppVerify and rTester.
Tip: Make sure you log off all the user sessions where rTester is running and uninstall the rTester from them as well.
You may skip this step and go to step number 11 if AppVerify and rTester are installed in another machine.
9. Once you are done, do a clean installation of AppVerify and rTester.
For installation instructions, please refer to AppVerify Installation Guide article.
10. When the installation process is complete, go to step number 12.
11. Log in to the new machine (Workstation/PC or Server) where AppVerify is installed
12. Launch the Task Manager and open the Services tab
13. Look for the three Automai services for AppVerify (Automai Scheduler, Automai Database, Automai Webserver), right click on each of them and click ‘Stop’.
14. After stopping all 3 services, go to the following folder: “…\Automai\Manager”
15. Copy the backed-up “data” folder and paste it to this location
16. Next, go to "…\Automai\Manager\media\update" folder and back up the vr file.
17. Go back to “…\Automai\Manager” folder, copy the backed-up “media” folder and paste it to this location
18. Next, go to "…\Automai\Manager\media\update" folder and place the backed-up vr file.
Note: The vr file will show you the correct version number in the application and you will see future notifications when a new update or upgrade is available.
19. When you are done with putting all the data, start the 3 Automai services for AppVerify (Automai Scheduler, Automai Database, Automai Webserver).
20. Place the license files if needed in appropriate folders.
21. Launch the AppVerify and login to the application.
Note: You should use the same login credentials that you were using to login to the previous AppVerify web interface.
Important: Please keep in mind that the rTesters information will be overwritten after placing the backed-up data folder. If you install rTester in the machine, then you need to stop rTester process (rTester.exe) and start it again, so the rTester(s) will register with AppVerify.
You may also need to remove the rTesters that are no longer valid from the "rTesters" section within the AppVerify console.