HTTPS is supported as of Automai RPA version 184.108.40.206 and up, and ScenarioBuilder version 220.127.116.11 and up.
1. Get your private.key and certificate.crt files either through OpenSSL or other trusted websites.
To create the two files using the included OpenSSL file:
1. Open command line
2. cd "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/bin"
3. Run these commands one after another:
openssl genrsa -aes256 -out private.key 2048
openssl rsa -in private.key -out private.key
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -key private.key -out certificate.crt -days 36500 -config "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/openssl.cnf"
4. Copy the private.key and certificate.crt files from "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/bin" folder into "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/ssl" folder (create ssl folder if it is missing)
5. Download and copy the attached file httpd-ssl.conf file into "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/extra" folder (create the "extra" folder if it is missing)
6. Edit the file httpd-ssl.conf and make sure that the file has the correct values in it:
7. Edit "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/Manager/webserv/conf/httpd.conf" file
- Add # before Listen 8888 to comment out the line (you might have set a different port).
- Find the following line #LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so:
Make sure to uncomment it by removing # sign: LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
Add this line before it: Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf
8. Restart all Automai services from Windows Task Manager
9. In order for Robots (rWorkers) to communicate securely, do the following:
- Go to "PATH_TO_AUTOMAI/rWorker/rWorker.ini"
- Edit the rWorker.ini file and add the secure=yes option or uncomment if it already exists.
- Optional: Change all http ports (8888 by default) to https 443
8. In ScenarioBuilder, you should change the following options from View->Options -> Base:
- Make sure to add "https://" before the Manager address
- Make sure that the port number is 443 for the Manager