This article provides steps to update AppVerify and rTesters.
Occasionally, modules* will be updated with bug fixes or new features. If the update is signified as an important update, it should be applied as soon as possible. Otherwise, the update can be applied at any time to receive the changes it contains. Please review the information contained in the Release Notes.
Note: When updating between minor versions (e.g., from version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 where the first two numbers are the same), you do not require a new license file.
Please check the current version and follow the instructions to update AppVerify and rTesters:
When updates are available a notification icon will show up on the top right of the navigation pane in the Manager.
To install the updates, click on Download icon.
Once the updating process is complete, log out of the application and clear the browser cache. The shortcuts to clear the cache while on AppVerify Manager page are:
- Windows and Linux browsers: CTRL + F5
- Apple Safari: SHIFT + Reload toolbar button
- Chrome and Firefox for Mac: CMD + SHIFT + R
To verify that you have the latest version installed click on the “User ” icon on the top right corner.
Important: Logoff all the Robots sessions to start the rTester.exe process.
To check the rTesters status, login to the Manager and go to "Testers" page.
Please follow the steps below to update AppVerify manually if you cannot update it automatically for any reason.
1. Click here to download the update file.
2. Log into the machine where the Manager is installed.
3. Run AVupdates.exe.
4. Once the update process is complete, open "Task Manager" and go to "Services" tab.
5. Restart Automai's 3 services: Automai Database, Automai Scheduler, Automai Webserver
6. Log into the rTesters machines and restart rTester process “rTester.exe” to get the latest changes.
Tip: Sometimes rTesters might not get the updates due to security or network reasons, if this happens; you can go to "...\Automai\Manager\media\update" folder and run RTupdates.exe on your Robots machines manually.
*By using the term “Module”, here we mean AppVerify Manager and rTester modules.