This article provides steps to upgrade AppsWatch and ScenarioStations.
Please read the guidelines below and follow the instructions to upgrade AppsWatch.
Besides minor updates, there are also major release upgrades; upgrading will provide access to all the new features and improvements.
To upgrade AppsWatch Base and ScenarioStations:
1. Before upgrading AppsWatch, review the Release Notes as they may contain important information about changes in functionality with the latest release.
2. Backup the current AppsWatch data
Tip: To back up the data, first stop the three AppsWatch Services: AppsWatch Scheduler and AppsWatch WebServer.
Next, go to the “…\NrgGlobal or Automai\AppsWatch” folder and save the “data” folder. Then go to the “…\NrgGlobal or Automai\AppsWatch\apps” folder and save the "screenshots", "scenariostore" and "timelines" folders.
Once you are done, restart the AppsWatch services.
Important: AppsWatch does not support downgrade between major/minor releases. It is strongly recommended to back up your data before any upgrade.
3. Check your license keys.
When upgrading between major versions (e.g. from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 where the first two numbers are different), you do require a new license. To request a new license, please contact Automai Support team.
4. If the modules are already installed on your environment, you will see Upgrade Available notification on the navigation pane of the AppsWatch Base.
If there is no upgrade available for your installed module, the notification icon will not appear. If there is upgrade available, download and install it by clicking Yes button as seen in the image below.
5. Run AWSetup.exe file.
Note: Make sure to choose the correct installation folder and install the application in the location where AppsWatch is currently installed.
6. Put the new license under “…\NrgGlobal or Automai\AppsWatch\license\” folder and the ScenarioStation new license file under “…\NrgGlobal or Automai\ScenarioStation\license\” folder.
7. AppsWatch will send the updates to all available ScenarioStations and they will get upgraded.
Important: Sometimes ScenarioStations might not get the updates due to security or network reasons, if this happens; you can go to "...\NrgGlobal or Automai\AppsWatch\apps\update" folder and run SStationSetup.exe on your ScenarioStation machines manually.
Note: Please make sure to do the upgrade process for the ScenarioStations. The AppsWatch Base and the ScenarioStations must have the same major X.X version.
Tip: To view installation steps, please refer to the AppsWatch Installation Guide document.
*By using the term “Module”, here we mean AppsWatch Base and ScenarioStation modules.