If you need to perform an unattended install of rTester or add a new rTester via the command line, this article provides directions on how to do it.
To install rTester via the command line, follow these steps.
- Make sure the prerequisite software is already installed. Refer to the Installation Guide for details. If you attempt to execute an automated install and the needed software is not installed a prompt appears asking the user to install it. This must be handled manually to complete the installation of rTester.
- Make sure AppVerify is installed and the IP address and PORT are available.
- Before installing RTester through the Command Prompt, place the rTesterSetup.exe file in a public location, such as the C:\ drive or Desktop.
- Log into the computer using the main user account that will be using the RTester.
- Launch the Command Prompt and change directory (cd) to where installer file is copied (i.e C:\drive or Desktop).
- Run the following command to install RTester - rTesterSetup.exe /VERYSILENT /IP=<manager-IP address> /PORT=<manager-port> /USERNAME=<account username> /PASS=<account password> /DOMAIN=<account domain> /PATH=<"C:\Program Files">
/IP is AppVerify's IP address and is needed for communication. This is optional. If not provided, the default value of localhost will be used.
/PORT is AppVerify's PORT for communication. This is optional. If not provided, the default value of 8888 will be used.
/USERNAME is the account used to run the web server. This is required.
/PASS is the password associated to the account used for USERNAME. This is required.
/DOMAIN is the domain used for SessionsController. It is optional.
/PATH is the desired installation path. This is optional. If not provided the default value of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Automai" will be used.
6. After installation is complete, copy the product's license file into the "Automai/RTester/license" folder.
To add an additional rTester from the command line, follow these steps.
- Log into the main user account that will be using the rTester.
- Before installing a new rTester through the Command Prompt, navigate to the folder where rTester is installed.
- Launch the Command Prompt and change directory (cd) to rTester/New rtester.exe.
- Run the following command to add a new rTester - New rTester.exe /VERYSILENT /USERNAME=<account username> /PASS=<account password> /DOMAIN=<server domain>
/USERNAME is required. It is the name of the account under which the robot will run.
/PASS is required. It is the password that corresponds to the USERNAME account.
/DOMAIN is optional. If the USERNAME account is a domain account, enter the corresponding domain.