If you need to perform an unattended install of rWorker or add a new rWorker via a command line, this article provides directions on how to do it.
To install rWorker via the command line, follow these steps.
- 1. Make sure the prerequisite software is already installed. Refer to the Installation Guide for details. If you attempt to execute an automated install and the needed software is not installed a prompt appears asking the user to install it. This must be handled manually to complete the installation of rWorker.
- Make sure RPA is installed and the IP address and PORT are available.
- Before installing RWorker through the Command Prompt, place the rWorkerSetup.exe file in a public location, such as the C:\ drive or Desktop.
- Log into the computer using the main user account that will be using the RWorker.
- Launch the Command Prompt and change directory (cd) to where installer file was copied (i.e C:\drive or Desktop)
- Run the following command to install RWorker - rWorkerSetup.exe /VERYSILENT /IP=<manager IP address> /PORT=<manager-port> /USERNAME=<account username> /PASS=<account password> /DOMAIN=<account-domain> /PATH=<"path of your choosing">
/IP is RPA's IP address and is needed for communication. This is optional. If not provided the default value of localhost will be used.
/PORT is RPA's PORT for communication. This is optional. If not provided the default value of 8888 will be used.
/USERNAME is the account used to run the web server. This is required.
/PASS is is the password associated to the account used for USERNAME. This is required.
/DOMAIN is the domain used for SessionsController. This is optional.
/PATH is a custom installation path. This is optional. If not provided the default value of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Automai" will be used.
7. After installation is complete, copy product's license file into the "Automai/RWorker/license" folder.
To add a new rWorker via the command line, follow these steps.
- Log in to the main account that will be using the RWorker.
- Before installing New RWorker through the Command Prompt, navigate to the folder where RWorker is installed.
- Launch the Command Prompt and change directory (cd) to RWorker/New rWorker.exe.
- Run the following command to add new rWorker - New rWorker.exe /VERYSILENT /USERNAME=<account username> /PASS=<account password> /DOMAIN=<server domain>
/USERNAME is required. It is the account under which the rWorker will run.
/PASS is required. Enter the password associated to the USERNAME account.
/DOMAIN is optional. If the USERNAME account is a domain account, enter the associated domain.